Tuesday 2 November 2010

The Xcerts - Young (Belane)

I am a massive fan of The Xcerts, and have been since reviewing their debut album a couple of years back. On hearing 'Scatterbrain', their latest album, I instantly heralded it as one of the best albums of the year, not only that, but one of the most important also, and the more time goes on, the more my feelings grow towards this album.

'Young (Belane)' isn't perhaps one of the best songs on the album, it doesn't show the experimentation that The Xcerts have undergone to gain my high affections, but it does give a new listener an exact copy of what The Xcerts are about. It's noisy but it has the pop sensabilities that have made the likes of Biffy Clyro so important to indie-rock music in the mainstream charts and even as I type this, I can imagine hundreds of fans chanting along to the chorus.

Expect massive things for The Xcerts.

3.5 / 5

The Xcerts Myspace Page

No comments:

Post a Comment